Monday, March 29, 2010

DIET ~DAY 1 & DAY 2~

I like to start new things on a Monday.  You can start any day you like!
 

Shopping List (don't be afraid!)
  1. Eggs
  2. Coffee
  3. Stevia or Truvia sweetner (are you a Splenda lover like me?  read this and make your own choice Splenda vs. Stevia
  4. Non-Dairy Creamer
  5. Veggies you like to eat (a couple of cups total)
  6. 1% Cottage Cheese
  7. "Meats" Chicken Breast, 4 oz Salmon, 4 oz lean steak
  8. Sweet Potato
  9. Apple Sauce
  10. Rice Cakes (no salt)
  11. Almond butter (can't find that yet, I'll let you know if I do)
  12. Salad
  13. Olive Oil
  14. Balsamic 
  15. A Sugar Free Snack Serving of Jello YES!!! And cool whip for dolloping.

Here we go, Ready???


Meal # 1
Breakfast:  1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, ½ cup of any veggies
1 cup of coffee, with 2 tbls of creamer non-dairy only, sweeten as needed ( truvia or stevis only)
 
Meal # 2      (3 hours after)
Snack:  ½ cup of 1% cottage cheese

Meal # 3         (2 hours after)
Lunch:  3 oz of chicken, 3 oz of sweet potato, ½ cup of veggies
 
Meal # 4          (3 hours after)
Snack: 1 serving applesauce, 1 tbsp almond butter on no salt rice cake
 
Meal # 5          (3 hours after)
Dinner:   4 oz of Salmon, Tuesday have 4oz lean steak
1 cup salad, ½ cup veggies, ½ tbls olive oil, ½ balsamic

Dessert:             (2 HOURS AFTER DINNER)
Dessert: 1 servering sugar free jello, 1 serving cool whip

What did you think?  How did your Day 1 & Day 2 go?  
Do you have any suggestions or questions?

2 comments:

  1. I found Almond butter at a bulk food store. My BFF found it at her grocery store (3000 miles away from me). I haven't tasted it yet. It's cute, there is a raccoon on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found that at first it taisted just like peanut butter but about 2 seconds into rolling around in my mouth trying to unstick it from the roof I detected the almond. I think it is good. Something different from the norm. I compaired it to my Jar of Jif and found that according to the Nurtition Facts the little jar of MaraNatha All Natural Almond Butter (creamy) was just a hair better nutritionally than the Jif.
    It had the same Calories, Less Saturated Fat, Less Sodium by 85mg and it has a gram more Dietary Fiber. The only draw back I see is that it has 1 less gram of Protein than the Jif. If you don't like the Almond butter, you could go without or use regular old Jif as a sub. Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete